You know when you're reading a book by an author you've read before and you're struck by how amazing it is? And you're doubly amazed because it's just as good as the author's other two, three, ten books? This feature will highlight those authors, those whose books are an automatic purchase, who you recommend to all of your friends, and push on your book clubs. There's no set schedule for this, but there will probably be about one of these posts a month.
So, who's the first author?
Her published works: Eleanor and Park (YA, 2013), Attachments (A, 2011), Fangirl (YA, 2013)
What's to Love:
- Witty dialogue
- Complex, loveable, incredibly relatable characters
- SO MUCH HEART in all of her stories
- Great references (Fangirl includes Harry Potter allusions!!)
- Eleanor & Park is set in the 80s
- Attachments is set in the 90s
- Fangirl is in a college setting
- So basically, she doesn't do the usual realistic fiction settings
Some Favorite Quotes:
"Oh... Colin Firth. He should only do period dramas. And period dramas should only star Colin Firth. (One-star upgrade for Colin Firth. Two stars for Colin Firth in a waistcoat.)" -Attachments
"I just want to break that song into pieces,’ she said, ‘and love them all to death." -Eleanor & Park
So you might want to follow her on twitter or her blog:
And you should definitely read her books pronto!
Have you read Rainbow Rowell's books? Which is your favorite?