Top Ten Books I Wish Had Sequels
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
What did Nick Carraway do after the end of Gatsby? Wouldn't it be awesome to find out?
2. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
I actually saw someone suggest an Eleanor and Park 10 years later story on Tumblr and Rainbow Rowell even says that she wants to write it! Yes, please!
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green
What happens to Pudge in the future? Does he grow apart from the Colonel? Do they stay best friends and have Thanksgivings together and drink Strawberry Hill wine? I want to know.
4. The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
If you've read the book, you know there's a pretty unique ending. There's one character in particular that I'd like to see more of and see how he copes.
5. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Okay, so I don't necessarily want a sequel to Beauty Queens, but I would love another feminist satire by Libba Bray.
6. Guitar Girl by Sarra Manning
This story ends really well, but I just want to know what happens next?!
7. I am the Cheese by Robert Cormier
It can't end there! It can't! What happens next? Is that terrible thing really going to happen? Urgh!!
8. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
I don't know why I want a sequel, I just do.
9. Every Day by David Levithan
Part of me would hate this because it's one of my Favorite books and why mess with perfection? But another part of me wants to know what happens in A's future.
10. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
More traveling, perhaps? Different country? Probably a terrible idea, but it sounds good in theory.