Top Ten Tips for New Bloggers
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
1. Read other book blogs. They can provide a lot of guidance, such as whether or not you want to get your summaries from Goodreads or what memes you want to do.
2. Don't copy other book blogs. You need to have your own voice and ideas, plus those bloggers put a lot of work into their blogs!
3. Don't blog for ARCs or stats or anything other than your own enjoyment. Those things are just nice bonuses, but they shouldn't be your motivation.
4. Don't feel jealous of others' success. It can be hard not to envy the triple digit follower count or the amazing IMMs of big bloggers (I know I feel this way sometimes. OK, a decent amount of the time.), but you'll have your moment, too!
5. Get involved in the community. Random Buzzers, Goodreads, commenting on other blogs; there's so much to be apart of!
6. Don't be afraid of taking chances. If you want to do a feature or a guest post, go for it!
7. Don't fret about blog design. If you're broke (like me) there are a bunch of free templates and goodies you can find online!
8. Read over your reviews before you post them. You may not be able to catch every typo, but it'll help polish them!
9. Pace yourself. Set a schedule so that you don't skimp on blogging, but don't go overboard either. It's more important that you do the posts you do well than have a bunch of typo-ridden, meaningless blurbs.
10. Do what you feel is right. Don't take every piece of advice you read, especially not this! I'm still figuring out what I'm doing. And HAVE FUN. That's why you blog, right?
What advice do you have for bloggers? (I'm always open to it!)