In honor of Support YA Literature Day, I'm hosting the Sage Ceremony, my own unofficial YA-themed awards ceremony! The 2nd category is...
Girls in YA
1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling)For being the cleverest person we know.
2. Gemma Doyle (Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray)
For being independent in a time where women were looked down upon
3. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins)
For standing up for what she believes and never abandoning family
4. Audrey Cuttler (Audrey,Wait! by Robin Benway)
For being witty, confident, and for having an excellent taste in music.
5. Cam Morgan (The Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter)
For being loyal to family and friends and for her awesome spy skills
What girls do you look up to in YA lit?